English: Gerund. We did a chant using the percussion instruments. A gerund is a... present parti-ci-ple... verb formed used... as a noun.
Geography: Southeastern Asia song. Trace. Erase. Repeat.
Thanks Halley for making the video this week!
Latin: I passed out a corrected Present Perfect Tense Latin worksheet (beginning with a long "e" sound rather than a long "i" sound) and we reviewed our silly story: The "perfect present" would be to have tea with a moose and then, give me a kiss, because I'm going up in an air balloon and eating Runts candy. The story is just there to hopefully tie the i/isti/it song to the "present perfect" title. Sorry I didn't have actual Runts candy like I did in the earlier weeks, I know that was a major disappointment. ;)
Math: Sometimes you have to balance creativity with simple drill and repetition. Which is precisely what we did for math this week for the area of a circle. The area of a circle equals pie (3.14) times the radius squared.
Science: First Law of Thermodynamics (hold up one finger and then transition to ASL "L" and move your "L" hand from the fingertips of a palm up left hand to the bottom of your palm-- for "Law")
Energy (ASL "E" hand goes from right shoulder to crook of bent right arm) cannot be (emphatically shake your head no) created (pound fists one on top of the other, then pound again with fingers facing outward--ASL sign for create or make) or destroyed (flat hands together, one on top of the other, then quickly separate.)
History: The Korean War. We had a rebus of sorts on the white board and erased bits of the history sentence each time we sang "In 1950 General Douglas MacArthur led UN troops to STOP, communist North Korea from capturing all of South Korea, during the Korean War (STOP!)"
Timeline: Song with hand motions starting with Lincoln's War Between the States through the Progressive Era. Song for this week starts at 1:38 on CC Connected.
Presentations for next week: Persuasive Speech.
Another shining week of presentations! Grace gave us a loom bracelet how-to-- without the loom! I didn't know you could make bracelets using only your fingers! Daniel gave us a lesson on Napoleon and I learned that "Waterloo" has been adopted as a sports term. Ella Rose gave her speech on Martin Luther and sang one of my favorite hymns! Jacob broke out the Shakespeare and told about Henry VIII, and Halley educated us about FDR and the "day that will live in infamy." Last but not least, Anna demonstrated how to make grilled cheese with a smile. :)
Have a great weekend!

No comments:
Post a Comment